The IOF Ethics Panel is an independent judicial body in the IOF consisting of up to five members that are appointed by the General Assembly. Its competences are as follows:
- To preserve the integrity and reputation of the IOF and IOF events, and protect the security of all participants in IOF events.
- To review all IOF policies, procedures, regulations and other operations that fall within the scope of the IOF Ethics Code, and make recommendations and/or reject proposed amendments.
- To receive reports and investigate cases of alleged breaches of the IOF Ethics Code by anyone to whom the Code applies, excluding alleged technical breaches of competition rules.
- To adjudicate and impose sanctions for violations of the IOF Ethics Code in a fair, independent and impartial manner.
- To review and report on its activities, including the findings of all cases, to the IOF Council or General Assembly.
The current IOF Ethics Panel has been appointed by the IOF General Assembly in 2022 and serves until the next ordinary General Assembly in 2024.
Reference document: IOF Code of Ethics
Rulings from the Ethics Panel:
Reports to the General Assembly:
IOF Ethics Panel Report for the period 2020-2022
IOF Ethics Panel Report for the period 2018-2020
IOF Ethics Panel Report for the period 2016-2018