Athlete Representation structure in the IOF
Athlete representation in IOF has three levels:
- An Athlete Advisory Group (AAG) for each discipline: FootO, MTBO, SkiO and TrailO.
- The Athletes Commission (AC), with 8 members in total, consisting of 2 members of different genders from each discipline AAG (FootO, MTBO, SkiO and TrailO).
- Athletes Commission representatives on the IOF Council, 2 members of different genders.
The purpose of this structure is to represent the voice and interests of athletes by engaging in decision-making processes within the IOF organisation, and to empower athletes through the communication of information.
The aims of the ACs and the AAGs are to:
- Promote Clean Sport
- Promote Fair Play
- Encourage Sustainable Practices
- Support Youth Development
- Enhance Athlete Networks Among Disciplines
- Provide Organiser Feedback