The IOF Council met on April 6 and 7 in Namur, Belgium. The primary topic and most of the time in the meeting was spent discussing the Strategic Directions for the IOF for the next strategic period (2019 – 2022) and focus areas for the period until the General Assembly in 2020. The Strategic Directions and Focus Areas have now been sent out to all member federations for final consultation.
Some other highlights from the meeting:
- The Estonian Orienteering Federation was appointed host of the European Orienteering Championships 2020 (EOC 2020).
- Federación Venzolana de Orientación (FEVO) of Venezuela was welcomed as a new provisional member. This brings the number of IOF members to 72.
- The program for future World Ski Orienteering Championships was approved.
- The IOF Financial Accounts for 2017 were approved.
- Preparations continued for the General Assembly 2018.
Minutes of Council meeting 188
General Assembly 2018 webpage which includes the IOF Financial Report 2017 and the Strategic Directions 2019-2022 and Focus Areas until GA2020 proposal sent out for consultation