The International Orienteering Federation (IOF) has an Athletes’ Licence system.
- It contributes to the fairness of our sport by having athletes confirm that they will respect and follow the IOF rules. The IOF licence is an agreement between the IOF and the athlete.
- The Licence fee goes directly to the IOF Anti-Doping fund which is part of IOF Anti Doping plan.
- To improve risk management for major event Organisers, Member Federations and the IOF, by defining the conditions upon which competitors participate in major IOF events.
- The International Olympic Committee (IOC) expects all recognised sports federations to have a regulation framework for athletes.
- The licence is needed for athletes participating in Senior (Elite M/W 21) World Championships and World Cup competitions.
- The Application(Signed form) and Payment should reach the IOF Office or IOF Office representatives before participating in a World Championship or World Cup Event.
- The licence is annual and is valid for all orienteering disciplines
IOF Athlete Licence Rules (PDF format, click to read)