29 June – 6 July 2024, Fai di Paganello, ITALY – during “5 Days Italy”
The purpose of the Young Leaders Academy (YLA) is to enable young orienteers aged 16-25 to support their talent and support their competencies regarding developing orienteering (train-the-trainers), but it will also be an opportunity to network (connect worldwide).
- Late afternoon: Lectures and workshops at the hotel that help to improve your personal orienteering, organization and coaching skills
- After dinner: You work on your individual project on how to develop and to promote Orienteering in your home country. These projects are exchanged and discussed
ALPENANDALO CLUB HOTEL 3*s – Andalo
- Age: 16 – 25
- Ability to successfully finish a O-competition of your age class
- Good english skills
- Maximum of three participants per country/national federation
Application deadline: 1 February 2024.
Maximum 50 (and 3 per nation) can participate.
Participant of YLA2023 do not need a video, but a selfmade map and an organized event. The map could be a small school-map (or similar) and the organized event could be a local training event, or a function during a club-event (or similar)
New participants should apply with a short video of one minute in English showing:
- 30” your motivation (Why me?)
- 30” freestyle (What else is important?)
The video or a link to your video must be sent by e-mail to email@example.com including name, address, year of birth and phone number.
Participation fee and other costs
The participation fee for YLA is differentiated based on the membership fee groups for the national federations in the IOF. Click here to see the fee group for each national federation (coloumn 2).
- Membership fee group 1-3: 500 EUR participation fee per person
- Membership fee group 4-7: 300 EUR participation fee per person
- Membership fee group 8-10: 200 EUR participation fee per person
- Ukraine: 100 EUR participation fee per person
The participation fee covers accommodation, all meals, entry fee for all stages of “5 Days Italy”, transportation to/from stages, lectures, workshops and a T-shirt for YLA participants.
The participation fee must be paid before February 20,2024.
(if there are places after February 20,2024 an extra fee of 100 Euro might apply)
Payment details (you must be selected to participate first):
International Orienteering Federation
Drottninggatan 47 3 1/2t
852 25 Karlstad. Schweden
IBAN: SE36 6000 0000 0000 5131 0759
Mark the payment with “YLA 2024 and your name”
If you need an invoice, please request it from the IOF Secreatary General at firstname.lastname@example.org
Transportation to and from YLA
Transportation to and from YLA is not included in the participation fee and must be organized separately. After signing up you will get information on transportation options.